Friday, June 26, 2015

Stolen Farrier Tools...

Ok, here are the list of tools that were stolen from my truck.  I'll set it up with the brand I HAD and a website where it can be purchased.  Wellshod.com is my favorite because it has great quality tools and flat rate shipping of $10.  I bought about 40 pounds of horseshoes and nails and it still only cost me $10.  I got the shoes in about a week.  Some on the tools I HAD can't be purchased at Wellshod.  I will put another brand in parenthesis after, with the price.  I'd frankly have the exact same brand as I am used to working with those tools and I find them the best.  The hoof testers on Wellshod really aren't what I want.  I don't know the other websites to find them.  Ditto with the rounding hammer.  I am going to put the tools I need MOST at the top, then I will go down a few spaces and put the tools I don't need as quickly.  By the way, I am FINE with used tools, as long as they are in useable shape.  If you have an older tool that you can part with, I am pleased to have it.  My address is 901 N. Rogers Ave., Springfield, MO 65802.  You can choose to send anonymously or not.  Just please send me a note at wildginger14@yahoo.com or text me at 417-616-9472 to let me know you have sponsored the tool, so I can mark it as NOT NEEDED.  I don't want someone to purchase a tool that I have already received or is on its way.  Thank you so much for your help.  I honestly can't afford to buy more than maybe one tool a month on my budget and I can't do ANY shoeing, until I get at least a driving hammer and rounding hammer.  I still have my forge and anvil and stand and grinding/sharpening wheel. 


Brand      Tool                         Cost           (Wellshod.com or alternative)

G.E.     Curved Jaw Clencher      $115.35      (Footpro)  Prefer G.E.
G.E.     Crease Nail Puller           $103.00
Mustad 14" Pull offs                   $185.00     (Foremans)
Mustad  Clinch Block                  $25.80
Mustad   Clinch Cutter                $33.35
Mustad   Nail Cutter                   $67.95
Jim Keith Fire Tongs 1/4"            $62.95       (ICAR)  Prefer Jim Keith
Mustad    E Head Creaser           $76.50
Burton    2lb Rounding Hammer  $175.00      (Double S)  Prefer Burton
NC      12oz. Driving Hammer            $60.00
Bellotta Rasp                             $28.00
Equithotics  rasp handle              $8.20
Ryding       Hoof Testers             $44-65.00     (W Brand, FP) Prefer Ryding

____________________________________________________________

Mustad       2 Pritchels                               $30.00 each          (Tosaky $68.95 each)  Prefer Mustad
Jim Keith   5/16" Fire Tongs                      $62.95                   (ICAR)
Jim Keith    3/8"  Fire Tongs                      $62.95                   (ICAR)
Burton        E Head Fore Punch                 $67.30
JH            Drop Blade right handed Knife  
JH   Forge Wing Dividers                          $70.00

hoof knife sharpener                                  $15.00??                Any brand
Green Nylon Bucket Liner w/tool pockets    $20????              Any heavy duty brand
2 steel writing pencils                                 $6.00                     Any brand
Hoof Ruler                                               $????                       Any brand


I can buy a cheap $15 hoof knife, but they don't last more than a few months.  Ditto with the rasps.  I have my own spare buckets.

They did not get my nippers or old rasp and my hoof stand, so I can still do trims.


THANK YOU!!!

No comments: